Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

One document CAL not possible but any solution please?

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know this.

I know it is not possible with one Document Cals to give access to multiple users. Is there any way we can get this in new versions?heard for now it is possible TECHNICALLY. If so, can anyone help me how to set this please.

Thanks.

38 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Amelia,

You can assign 3 Document CALs,to users and see if any other users are not using the document CALs.

Reassign unused CALs.if still short of CALs,nothing but need to buy more CALs

Not applicable
Author

Sure. now I have only 5 document CALs. I need to require access to 20 users

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. The users are using all the CAls assigned. Is that the only soution to buy more Cals?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes,no other option

Not applicable
Author

Hi Amelia,

I am sorry, but it is. 20 Users can't be stuffed with 5 Doc-Cals at the same time. AS discussed before: A Doc-Cal has a 1 to 1 Relationship between One specific Application(Doc) and One specific User.

RR

Not applicable
Author

In QMC under one qvw it is showing 'number of CALs allocted to this document' : 6 but under Assigned it is showing only 1 what it means? is it wasting any document CALs here?

Not applicable
Author

In QMC under one qvw I found Document Cals missing please help

Not applicable
Author

No, this means you can allocate max 6 User-Cals to this qvw. This is a (automatic) stop, when dynamic cal assignement is checked.

Not applicable
Author

what is automatic (stop) means?

Not applicable
Author

Also It is showing under Client Access licences(CAL) there are two users with Last used as 02/11/2012. If I remove those two users can I get two Document CALS back? But here those two users are using the documents whihc created in 2013.