Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Only ({$ <GR_ID<> {''}>}SUT_ID)

Hi there,

I wanted to use as an enabled condition or as an expression. I am getting an error, can someone give me a hand.

Only ({$ <SUB_SUT<> {''}>}SUT_ID)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure if I understand.

Maybe change it to

=IF(not Isnull(SUB_SUT), 'Y')

and enable option 'Suppress when value is NULL' for the dimension

View solution in original post

10 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

That's not valid syntax.

What do you want to achieve?

Context of the expression? Data?

Not applicable
Author

Stefan,

we have created a caluclated dimension on a pivot table, which goes some thing like this "=IF(Isnull(SUB_SUT), 'N','Y')". But now we want enable the condition field only where the value is equal to 'Y'.

how can we achieve this?

Not applicable
Author

Stefan,

In this expression, Only ({$ <SUB_SUT<> {''}>}SUT_ID) we are trying to achieve the following:

all SUT_ID 

whereSUB_SUT IS NOT NULL.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

May be try this?

= Only ({$ < SUB_SUT = {'*'} >} SUT_ID)

Not applicable
Author

It did not work sir getting the value error during calculation, thank you for your suggestion.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

What's the relation between these two fields? How would some sample records look like?

Are talking about a conditional to enable / disable the calculated dimension or a dimension?

The condition needs to return a single boolean value (or zero / something different from zero alternatively to FALSE / TRUE), the dimension should return something 1-dimensional (like a field's values).

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you elaborate where you using this expression and sample data with an expected output would help us to help you better.

Not applicable
Author

Stefan,

This is my =IF(Isnull(SUB_SUT), 'N','Y') calculated dimension on the pivot table, I just want to display the values when the value returns 'Y'.

How can i get achieve this?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure if I understand.

Maybe change it to

=IF(not Isnull(SUB_SUT), 'Y')

and enable option 'Suppress when value is NULL' for the dimension