Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petercappelle
Partner - Contributor III

Open in server not responding

Hi,

We have a few users that open Qlikview documents with open in server.

What we encounter is when they open a document the first time, it opens fast, but when they close the document and try to open it again Qlikview (few minutes after we closed it) is not responding and in most cases the document doesn't even open anymore.

any ideas how we can fix this?

5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

After documents start failing to "Open in Server", you can still open them in the AccessPoint? Without any delays?

petercappelle
Author

That is correct. The document still opens in AccessPoint without any delay. Sorry forgot to mention that!

So in general we open document1 = document1 opens.

We close document1 and shortly after that we have closed it, we open it again = not responding

We open document2 = document2 opens

... and so on

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You cannot open document1 ever again with Open in Server... or you have to first open another document before document1 opens a second time?

Did you try shutting down and restarting QV Desktop before each attempt to open the same document again?

petercappelle
Author

I think I've located the problem.

When I click on open in server you can choose between:

- Use NT Identity

- Anonymous

- Alternate Identity

When I choose "Alternate Identity" the document opens instantly, but when you choose "Use NT Identity" the document is not responding most of the time.

It has something to do with that option.

Good to know: Qlikview desktop is installed on the server itself and there both options opens the document instantly. 

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The difference between the two is subtle:

• NT Identity uses the Kerberos token that an AD domain controller creates when you first logon to a Windows domain. Sort of an actively selected Single Sign-On. Doesn't work if computer and server aren't both members of the same domain
  • Alternate Identity prepares a login url to autheticate to the QlikView Server using a typical login handshake. When a password is requested by the server, the client (QV Desktop) will present you with a password dialog and send whetever you enter in thatdialog to the server. This technique also works when the server is not a member of the AD domain, or when there isn't even a domain configured in your network.

Does that bring light in the darkness?