Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III

Opening another application using a button

Hey guys,

So I have an application. On this application is a button that will open another application in the same location.

Application 1: Premiums

Application 2: Claims

If I press button on Application 1, application 2 will open. 2 separate applications.

So now, in Access Point, I open the first application and view it in IE, when I click on the button to open Application 2, it tries to open the QVW and asks me if I want to open or save the QVW. As this is my first time using the launch button to open the second app, I was imagining it would just open another tab with application 2?

Needless to say, it aint working.

Any pointers?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sgrice
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Make sure that Both documents are accessible throw access point. and that they both Open.

Then change the Open Document Action to just have The document Name without any path [i.e. C:\qlikview\mydoc.qvw --> mydoc.qvw]

This will work fine if both documents are in the same folder and both can be seen by accesspoint.

If they are in separate location and are mounted by different Accesspoint mounts then you have to put the name of the mount point in front of the document name in the Action.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps this discussion helps: Passing Parameters in a URL and Document Chaining

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
sgrice
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Make sure that Both documents are accessible throw access point. and that they both Open.

Then change the Open Document Action to just have The document Name without any path [i.e. C:\qlikview\mydoc.qvw --> mydoc.qvw]

This will work fine if both documents are in the same folder and both can be seen by accesspoint.

If they are in separate location and are mounted by different Accesspoint mounts then you have to put the name of the mount point in front of the document name in the Action.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi gwassenaar

Thank you for sharing.

bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Excellent discussion on document chaining and passing parameters.

However, here is the weird thing.

I can launch the applications following the document chaining you tube help.

Applications rest on the local host server. When I open Access Point on this server, all works fine. Can open applications etc.

However, when I go back to my machine and go to access point, open my application, click the button and opens the tab as if it were to launch something, and i can see the URL but the page wont load. Even on refresh, it would load the second application after I select the button on application 1.

My local machine has Windows 8, IE11

bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

This works perfectly.

I was using the OpenURL trigger but the Qlikview Document trigger works perfect.

I am now trying to run my Macros so that the new document opens on the sheet I want it to.

Of course the macros on the buttons works on the application but doesnt work when using Access Point but thats for another day

sgrice
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

You prob want to use Bookmark with layout. Then apply the bookmark when doc opens. This works in access point.

Have a different bookmark for each TAB.

davidbrown
Contributor
Contributor

For those looking to link outside the folder, dont forget to add "..\" to navigate up a folder level. Syntax to link outside of the folder is:

"..\Folder2\App2.qvw"