Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
konHi
Partner - Contributor III

Oracle OLEDB QV 12.20 Nov SR4 QVConnect64.exe

Hello,

I have following problem and need you help.

- old server (windows 2008R2 + QlikView 11.20 (11.20.13405.0) has an oracle oledb connector to retrieve data out of oracle db.

- new server (windows 2016 + QlikView 12.20 Nov SR4 should do the same.

- Oracle DB table has around 15 Mio. Rows and 20 Columns

The old server has no problems to retrieve the data: qv.exe < 1GB RAM and 3 % CPU + QVConnect64.exe ~12 MB of RAM and stays at 12 mb, CPU ~ 0 %

The new server takes very long to retrieve the data: qv.exe < 1GB RAM and 3 % CPU + QVConnect64.exe goes up to more than 25 GB of RAM and CPU ~ 15 %.

The whole server gets very slow.

Is there a know problem with this release?

i tried SQL SELECT * FROM... and also SQL SELECT Att1, Att2, Att3 FROM. No difference.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

We had some similar problems at a customer site last autumn going from QlikView 11.20 and up to QlikView 12.x

After much struggling we switched away from Oracle's own drivers to use the Qlik ODBC Connector Pack that has a third party but licensed Oracle connector which was way faster and solved our problems.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

We had some similar problems at a customer site last autumn going from QlikView 11.20 and up to QlikView 12.x

After much struggling we switched away from Oracle's own drivers to use the Qlik ODBC Connector Pack that has a third party but licensed Oracle connector which was way faster and solved our problems.

konHi
Author

Thank you Petter,

I installed the pack on the new server and it seems the performance is just great!!!

Nvertheless, QV 12.20 Nov SR4 must have a bug in the connector.

Thank you very much.