Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
QlikView forum consolidation is complete. Labels are now required. LEARN ABOUT LABELS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Override list box choice for an expression

Hello,

I have an expression where I'm summing data from 3 different fields. Two of them correspond to a list box selection for the plant code and one should return values from another plant number.

I want the field "Purchase_order_qty" to return values for plant 2000 only regardless of which plant is chosen in the list box. In other words I want to input "Plant=2000" into the formula below, but keep failing to get it right. I have verified that the data exists and comes through to a check-up straight table I created. The bolded underlined part is the way I tried it. No error, but no success either.

sum({<YYYYMM={">$(=Date(AddMonths(Today(),0),'YYYYMM',Plant={2000}>Total <Plant>))"}>}Purchase_order_qty)

Thanks in advance!

-Teemu

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Thanks, guys!

I copied the expression from another one using a different source field so it works ok. I don't want to create the variable, because it would mean a ton of changes to my report.

I was able to bring the right set of data through with sum({<YYYYMM={">$(=Date(AddMonths(Today(),0),'YYYYMM'))"},Plant={2000}>}Purchase_order_qty)

I had to remove the Total <Plant> because it was summing the data for each row. It was something that I had needed for another expression.

BR,

Teemu

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable

Try this:

sum({<YYYYMM={">$(=Date(AddMonths(Today(),0),'YYYYMM'))"},Plant={2000}>} Total <Plant> Purchase_order_qty)

Depending on what you need to achieve I don't know if the "Total <Plant>" bit is relevant.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Nuno

sunny_talwar

Is your expression without the Plant portion working for you? Meaning is it giving you any output? The reason I asked this because, when I usually use single quotes between the set modifier, it give me an error.

sum({<YYYYMM={">$(=Date(AddMonths(Today(),0),'YYYYMM'))"}>}Purchase_order_qty)??

This is what I would do. Create a variable vYearMonth = Date(Today(), 'YYYYMM') and then use this variable in my expression like this

Sum({<YYYYMM = {'>=$(vYearDate)'}>} Purchase_order_qty

To come to selecting data for only Plant 2000, you can further expand your expression, this way

Sum({<YYYYMM = {'>=$(vYearDate)'}, Plant = {2000}>} Purchase_order_qty

Try and see if the above expression gives you any result or not? (Still not sure why you have Total <Plant> in there, but we can figure that out if we can get some result from the above expression.

HTH

Best,

S

Not applicable

Thanks, guys!

I copied the expression from another one using a different source field so it works ok. I don't want to create the variable, because it would mean a ton of changes to my report.

I was able to bring the right set of data through with sum({<YYYYMM={">$(=Date(AddMonths(Today(),0),'YYYYMM'))"},Plant={2000}>}Purchase_order_qty)

I had to remove the Total <Plant> because it was summing the data for each row. It was something that I had needed for another expression.

BR,

Teemu

View solution in original post

sunny_talwar

If you got what you wanted, I would suggest closing this thread by marking your answer correct so that it can be helpful for someone in the future.

Best,

S