cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pareto Distinct Count

Hi all!

I need to solve this tricky problem and I really appreciate to receive your help.

In my DataSource I have a fact table with some sales records releated to a lookup table with some customers details.

I built a report for PARETO ANALYSIS with one table and one slider (for percentage set-up).

I'm trying to add a text object, not related with first pareto-table, to count the number of customers under the selected pareto percentage

(A-Class Customers).

Some other informations:

- the sales value is releated to current year

- the name of the "sales-field" is in a variable

I'm triyng to change this formula because i think it doesn't count the customers name distinctly (proper count=155, text obj count=897)

TEST OBJECT EXPRESSION

=Count( DISTINCT If((Aggr(RangeSum(Top(Sum({<Year={$(varCurrentYear)},Month={"<=$(varCurrentMonth)"},Day={"<=31"}>}$(varSales)), 1, RowNo()))

/ RangeSum(Top(Sum({<Year={$(varCurrentYear)},Month={"<=$(varCurrentMonth)"},Day={"<=31"}>}$(varSales)), 1, NoOfRows())), Customer_ds)*100)

< $(varParetoPerc), Customer_ds, Null()))

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Ciao Manuel,

Here's the app modified.

Basically, you are using the wrong sum(FATURATTO), because in your chart, you are using the following:

sum({<Year={$(varCurrentYear)},Month={"<=$(varCurrentMonth)"},Day={"<=31"}>}FATTURATO)

but in your text box, you used only Sum(FATURATTO).

I've added 3 columns at the end of your table, so you see the result with this modified. Once you remove these columns, you won't see Company9, Company11 and Company12 which have FATTURATO = 0.

A presto

JV

View solution in original post

9 Replies
jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Manuel,

Do you think you can add your sample application? It's going to be easier to spot the problem.

Thanks

JV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi JV, here's the example

jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Ciao Manuel,

Here's the app modified.

Basically, you are using the wrong sum(FATURATTO), because in your chart, you are using the following:

sum({<Year={$(varCurrentYear)},Month={"<=$(varCurrentMonth)"},Day={"<=31"}>}FATTURATO)

but in your text box, you used only Sum(FATURATTO).

I've added 3 columns at the end of your table, so you see the result with this modified. Once you remove these columns, you won't see Company9, Company11 and Company12 which have FATTURATO = 0.

A presto

JV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It works well, Thank You!

jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You are welcome. Please mark the answer as correct.

Thanks,

Jv

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The expression works well, theoretically, but in my big data source it doesn't.

The follow expression is the one I want to implement in my report, in a txt object, , wich is structurally identical to the previous one, but it doesn't count correctly...

=if(varParetoArticoli=0,

Count(DISTINCT If(

(Aggr(RangeSum(Top(Sum({<Year={$(varCurrentYear)},Month={"<=$(varCurrentMonth)"},Day={"<=31"}>}$(varFatturato)), 1, RowNo())),CLI_DES)

/ Aggr(RangeSum(Top(Sum({<Year={$(varCurrentYear)},Month={"<=$(varCurrentMonth)"},Day={"<=31"}>}$(varFatturato)), 1, NoOfRows())), CLI_DES)

)

<= ($(varParetoPerc)/100), CLI_DES))

Count(DISTINCT If(

(Aggr(RangeSum(Top(Sum({<Year={$(varCurrentYear)},Month={"<=$(varCurrentMonth)"},Day={"<=31"}>}$(varFatturato)), 1, RowNo())),ART_COD)

/ Aggr(RangeSum(Top(Sum({<Year={$(varCurrentYear)},Month={"<=$(varCurrentMonth)"},Day={"<=31"}>}$(varFatturato)), 1, NoOfRows())), ART_COD)

)

<= ($(varParetoPerc)/100), ART_COD))

)

jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Manuel,

Can you please share again your complete app? You can scramble the data.

Thanks,

Jv

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have attached the screen with the report and the expression

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Basically, the expression for the table object doesn't use aggr function to specify the fields and the expression for text object does.

In the "tab expression" I place the countDISTINCT function entirely after the if condition, and in the text object DISTINCT command is placed before the percentage calculation. I think the system doesn't recognize that command.