Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glencote
Contributor II
Contributor II

Parsing an embedded XML file from MYSQL

To those kind enough to reply,

I cannot show the true data here for reasons i'm sure you understand so all the below is renamed and randomized.

Each transformed_xml (unlike the example below) holds anywhere from 180 to 600 fields of data.

Please see the following LOAD statement:

LOAD id,

`a`,

`transformed_xml`,

`d`,

`e`,

`f`,

`g`,

h,

`i`,

`j`,

`k`,

`l`;

SQL SELECT *

FROM db.table;

We are currently using the ExtractValue function in the SQL Select portion of the Load which works but takes a very long time to run.. We therefor have to partition the the loads into small portions (usually 1000 lines at a time).

My goal here is to find a QlikView solution to parsing this XML portion as i am sure there is a quicker way to do this?

I have attached a demo version of the transformed_xml file as it would look on a single line of data.

I can't see how the usual XmlSimple qlik load would work in this instance as it would have to be in a resident load and would have to be executed on a loop per line..

Any Suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

It could be done by storing these xml as text-files and loading them again with a xml-fileformat. Similar to this is to load from_field. Here are various examples for it: https://community.qlik.com/search.jspa?q=xml+from_field.

- Marcus