Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Partial Sums in pivot table

Dear All,

I have two problems with the partial sums in a pivot table i am working on.

Firstly, in my pivot table, i'm using a grand total and 3 sub totals, however i only really need one sub total. Is there any way where i could hide or only calculate one sub total?

Secondly, when i make a selection in a listbox, the pivot table retracts and shows me the correct data relating to my selection in the list however, it changes the total to show only that of my selection. for example; i have 4 produts totalling 800, 200 each, so when i make the selection, the total will show me 200 instead of 800. How can this be solved?

I pull the data from a server, so i cannot use any macros or load script.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best Wishes and Regards,

msadri

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I have managed to partially sort out the partial sum problem by using dimensionality().

Dimensionality() returns the "level" of the cell in a pivot. Dimensionality() = 0 would be your grand total, the partial sum on the first dimension. Each subsequent level would be higher.

if(Dimensionality()>0, Current Expression)

That way, for your grand total, those lines will be null. They appear as a dash by default, but you can change that on the presentation tab.

In another post I came across the NoDistinct fucntion, which can apparently solve the changing sums issue when something is selected from a listbox. I am reading in qlikview help now and will try to perform this.
Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

This is a sample i obtained. http://community.qlik.com/members/msadrikhcb/files/totals-problem.qvw.aspx

I only need the total of functions of process 1 and the the grand total.

also, choosing a process from the listbox changes the grand total and thus the Agg.

Please help.

many thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am also having the exact same problem! Please someone help us....

Not applicable
Author

I have managed to partially sort out the partial sum problem by using dimensionality().

Dimensionality() returns the "level" of the cell in a pivot. Dimensionality() = 0 would be your grand total, the partial sum on the first dimension. Each subsequent level would be higher.

if(Dimensionality()>0, Current Expression)

That way, for your grand total, those lines will be null. They appear as a dash by default, but you can change that on the presentation tab.

In another post I came across the NoDistinct fucntion, which can apparently solve the changing sums issue when something is selected from a listbox. I am reading in qlikview help now and will try to perform this.
Hope this helps.