Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Partial sum in a table

Hi to all,

I have a problem to calculate a partial sum in a simple table. I need to sum (for example) the first 3 values, excluding the last 2.

The table is:

1st col. id

2nd col tariffa

ID TARIFFA

160 1534,56

160 1534,56

160 754,90

160 1534,56

160 1534,56

I'm trying in any way (RANGESUM, ABOVE etc.), but I can't reach my target.

I would have my sum as 3824,02 (1534,56+1534,56+754,90) instead of total sum 6893,14.

Please help me. Thank you.

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thnx to all, the solution posted by Eugene ia able to sum first 3 values......but the table data to analyze is more complicated Stick out tongue and the number of values that I have to sum changes every time in reason of the ID number.

So in the script the number three shoudn't be a constant but a variable calculated dynamically for any kind of ID.

Maybe a faster solution is to number every record from 1 to n for every kind of ID:

160 1

160 2

160 3

135 1

135 2

120 1

120 2

160 4

120 3

etc . , so I could sum the first X values for every kind of ID.

I hope I was able to explain it clearly. Sad

Not applicable
Author

Is there a forumla that calculates the count of records to sum based on ID, or is it more like a different number for each ID, with no pattern? In the second case the solution would be a seperate mapping table. Let me know, and I can show you how I would do it.

Not applicable
Author

I have a formula like this as an expression of my graph table:

Count( IF( CONDITION, ID) )

that count how many IDs are admissible (for each kind of ID) so this is equal to maxiumu number of ID admitted to calculate sum, even if in the table I have more IDs.

So for every kind of ID i have a limit in summing values.

Not applicable
Author

I would use a formula like the one you included in your post, not in the dimension, but instead inside an aggr function which would be the third argument to this "top" function:

rangesum

(top( TARIFFA,1,3))

The dimension for the aggr function would likely be ID. If you need more help attach your qvw with some notes.