Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Partial total in load script for graph category

I'm trying to develop a graph with the dimension of 'Diab_Hb_line' with left to right being Recorded, <=7%, > 7% & <= 8%, > 8% & < 10%, >= 10%, No HBA1c.

Currently I have a work around as below load script where I pull the 'Recorded' from another dataset.  What I would like instead is to add the <=7%, > 7% & <= 8%, > 8% & < 10%, >= 10% amounts to create a 'Recorded' amount BUT also have them displayed separately on the graph as above.  I can't seem to find load script which has the kind of set analysis for a sum I am looking for.

The reason I'd like this is that there are a few other graphs I need to do a similar thing to and there is no other dataset with the recorded total for these.

Thanks.

if(SubField(Diab_Ind_Type,'_',2) = 'Total Patients with valid HbA1c percentage', 'Recorded',

if(Diab_Hbraw = '<= 7%', '<= 7%',

if(Diab_Hbraw = '> 7% & <= 8%', '> 7% & <= 8%',

if(Diab_Hbraw = '> 8% & < 10%', '> 8% & < 10%',

if(Diab_Hbraw = '>= 10%', '>= 10%',

if(Diab_Hbraw = 'No HBA1c Recorded', 'No HBA1c'

))))))as Diab_Hb_line

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If I understood correctly, you could create a link table linked to Diab_Hbraw and basically load your linked field twice, once with the detailed classification and once with all Diab_Hbraw values linked to 'Recorded'.

Similar to what is shown here

Re: Lixt Box with Ranges of Values

Not applicable
Author

I don't know what a link table is. Could you provide the load script for your idea please?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Well, link table might not be the correct phrase, maybe group table would be more appropriate.

There is some script code in the thread I referenced above and a full example in the cookbook sample file that Rob is linking in his answer.

If you still have problems getting your issue resolved, please post a small sample QVW and a detailed description of your requested result.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry I don't have an IT background so trying to convert some of the script examples is a real challenge. I've been struggling with this for days and was pretty impressed with my ability to get the work around script.

This is the end graph I want when considering percentages but I also work with numbers as well.

The raw data has the following where each has a number of patients with value in their HbA1c test.  So for example Practice 1 may have 300 people who have a Diab_Hbraw of <=7%, etc as below

Diab_Hbraw = '<= 7%'                          ---300

Diab_Hbraw = '> 7% & <= 8%'              ---100

Diab_Hbraw = '> 8% & < 10%'               --- 200

Diab_Hbraw = '>= 10%'                         ---50

Diab_Hbraw = 'No HBA1c Recorded'       ---225

On my graph I would like Recorded (300+100+200+50) so 650; <=7% 300; > 7% & <= 8% 100; > 8% & < 10% 200; >= 10% 50; No HbA1c 225.

I have two datasets combined in this graph - my load script above shows how I pull the 'Recorded' from one dataset and the rest from another. My data is for multiple practices so I select by practice and month.  [That is irrelevant really]  All I'm looking for is the load script to combine 4 of these bars to make a recorded bar so I don't have to use 2 datasets (ie by summing

Diab_Hbraw = '<= 7%'

Diab_Hbraw = '> 7% & <= 8%'

Diab_Hbraw = '> 8% & < 10%'

Diab_Hbraw = '>= 10%'  )

I don't know how to sum in the load script, particularly when needing to use set values as above.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Clea,

the script may look like this (first LOAD only to recreate your data sample, the grouping takes place in the second and third LOAD):

Patients:

LOAD Diab_Hbraw, RowNo() as RecID

WHILE iterno() <= Num;

LOAD Dual(Diab_Hbraw,recno()) as Diab_Hbraw,  Num INLINE [

Diab_Hbraw,Num

'<= 7%' ,300

'> 7% & <= 8%',100

'> 8% & < 10%',200

'>= 10%',50

'No HBA1c Recorded',225

];

Group:

LOAD Diab_Hbraw, Diab_Hbraw as Diab_Hbraw_Grouped

Resident Patients

WHERE NOT Exists(Diab_Hbraw_Grouped,Diab_Hbraw);

LOAD Diab_Hbraw, Dual('Recorded',0) as Diab_Hbraw_Grouped

Resident Group

WHERE Diab_Hbraw < 5; // 5 denotes last entry in the list of dual values, all Diab_Hbraw except 'no HBA1c Recorded'

This creates two tables, first is your current fact table with all patient records and the Diab_Hbraw field, the second table is just used to group your Diab_Hbraw values:

2016-04-03 12_36_23-C__Users_Stefan_Downloads_comm211859.qvw.png

Diab_Hbraw Diab_Hbraw_Grouped
<= 7%Recorded
> 7% & <= 8%Recorded
> 8% & < 10%Recorded
>= 10%Recorded
<= 7%<= 7%
> 7% & <= 8%> 7% & <= 8%
> 8% & < 10%> 8% & < 10%
>= 10%>= 10%
No HBA1c RecordedNo HBA1c Recorded

Now you can create your charts, using the Diab_Hbraw_Grouped field as dimension and Count(DISTINCT RecID) as expression (resp. Count(DISTINCT RecID) / Count(DISTINCT TOTAL RecID) for the percentage).

2016-04-03 12_40_22-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_Stefan_Downloads_comm211859.qvw_].png

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for this. I hadn't considered this alternative due to not knowing about it. Thanks for broadening my knowledge.  I ended up playing around with my data before I got your response and ended up adding a field in using plus signs - I had tried the sum function but it wasn't working in the load script. I will have a play with your idea but here is my script in case others want to use it too.

Due to my raw data I have to transpose it and then crosstable it.  I just added the extra field in before cross tabling so it would be part of the set.

Diab_Hb_sum:

LOAD

date(Data_Date ,'MMM-YY') as Date,

Place,

[<= 7%]+[> 7% & <= 8%]+[> 8% & < 10%]+[>= 10%] as Recorded,

[<= 7%],

[> 7% & <= 8%],

[> 8% & < 10%],

[>= 10%],

[No HBA1c Recorded] as [No HbA1c]

FROM

Source_Data.xls

(biff, embedded labels, table is HbA1craw$, filters(

Remove(Row, Pos(Top, 3)),

Transpose()

))

;

//Remove row 3 as it has a total in it and is not needed for the set

Diab_Hb_yah:

CrossTable(Diab_group, Diab_group_Pop, 2)

LOAD *

Resident Diab_Hb_sum;

DROP Table Diab_Hb_sum;