Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Peek function

Hello,

I use an incremental load to load 3 reports into qlikview. I have written my code so that a table is created with the reports from the latest date for which all reports are available. The table looks like this (in order of loading):

Table1:

file                        report category

filename1                    Category1

filename2                    Category2  

filename3                    Category3

In my script I write the following code:

let vReport1=peek('file',fieldindex('rapport','Category1'),'table1')

let vReport2=peek('file',fieldindex('rapport','Category2'),'table1')

let vReport3=peek('file',fieldindex('rapport','Category3'),'table1')

I would think this code gives me the filename of the file that I want to load, but apparently every vReport leads to the same result; it always results in filename3, even though the fieldindex formula returns a different number. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance for your help.

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

What do the fieldindex() functions return as value for each call?

And what does this return as variables value:

let vReport1=peek('file',0,'table1');

let vReport2=peek('file',1,'table1');

let vReport3=peek('file',2,'table1');

Does your Table1 only holds three records or duplicate records per file?

Not applicable
Author

fieldindex('rapport,'Category1') yields value 1

fieldindex('rapport,'Category2') yields value 2

fieldindex('rapport,'Category3') yields value 3

Table1 only has the 2 fields that I described, filename and category

Please note that I loaded category as right(filename, 6), since the last bit of the filename describes to which category it belongs.

When I load table1 and create a table object, I see no duplicate values. Just the 3 file names and their respective categories.

vReport1=peek('file'0,'table1) also yields filename3. No matter which number I use as a row number in the peek function, it returns the same filename. Even when I use 10, even though there are only supposed to be 3 rows in my table.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

The table box won't show duplicate records. If you open table view CTRL-T, and open preview of that table 1, only 3 distinct records are shown?

I assume you are creating duplicate records in your table 1 creation.

Also note the different indexing start value for peek( zero) vs fieldindex( one ).

Not applicable
Author

Apparently I am many creating many duplicate records, I will try to figure that out first. Thanks!