cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Percentages in pivot table

Hi,

A simple question.

The pivot table has two dimensions. How do I get fractions of the new concepts to total concepts in a period ? and also old concepts to total concepts and sums of concepts in each period.

Untitled.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I've added a second expression to calculate the percentages and added Partial Sums for the NewConcept dimension. I've also formatted the second expression on the Number tab so the values show as percentages.

comm95097.png

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You'll need to use the total keyword in your expression. You didn't post any data so I'll have to guess. It would be something like sum(Concepts)/sum(total <Quarter> Concepts). For the totals you can enable Partial Sums on the Presentation tab of the properties window of the pivot table.

Not applicable
Author

The point is if what you said is used as an expression, it is getting calculated twice as there are two dimensions to the pivot table. Should I drag this expression to the corner or something on the front end ?

Not applicable
Author

Untitled.png

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Since you're using count in your expression the division should use count as well. Dividing a count by a sum doesn't make sense. If you need more help you will have to post the document you're working on. Read this document for how to do that safely: Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

Not applicable
Author

PFA

Gysbert_Wassenaar

PFA

Not applicable
Author

I use a personal edition of QV. I cant have a look at the QVW you sent.

I got the answer to it anyways.

Kindly post a screenshot of the expressions tab if possible i'll cross check.

Thanks!

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I've added a second expression to calculate the percentages and added Partial Sums for the NewConcept dimension. I've also formatted the second expression on the Number tab so the values show as percentages.

comm95097.png

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your time!