Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III

Pick(Wildmatch(GetFieldSelections requires help

Dear Qlikview user

I have a button which if the user clicks on, I want the text in another text object to say "Good" otherwise "Bad"

My expression is as follows, but I cannot seem to get the "Bad" wording to appear:

Pick(WildMatch(GetFieldSelections(ED_Mode_of_Arrival_Category),'*Helicopter*'),'Good','Bad')

Can anyone help me with this technqiue

In addition my original expression was an If statement, but thought a Pick(Wildmatch would be more efficient, but if an IF is O.K. t use then I will scrap the idea of a Pick(Wildmatch(

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Helen

12 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Where are you doing this?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello

I am doing this in a text object at front end

Thanks

Helen

prma7799
Master III
Master III

Try like this

=if((Pick(WildMatch(GetFieldSelections(ED_Mode_of_Arrival_Category),'*Helicopter*'))),'Good' , 'Bad')

Anonymous
Not applicable

wildmatch for the false path will return 0, but your pick() statement expects 2 for false

Anonymous
Not applicable

but then pick is useless or?

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It would seem pick is useless on this instance. I am working on the Wildmatch option now!

I.e.

WildMatch(GetFieldSelections(ED_Mode_of_Arrival_Category),'*Helicopter*','Good','Bad')

Thanks

Helen

Anonymous
Not applicable

no you need the if()!

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The following expression works:

If(WildMatch(GetFieldSelections(ED_Mode_of_Arrival_Category),'*Helicopter*'), 'Good', 'Bad')

However I am using Wildmatch to replace the original expression(Below) as I had hoped Wildmatch would be more effiecient than "like":

=If(GetFieldSelections(ED_Mode_of_Arrival_Category) Like '*Helicopter*',

"Good"

"Bad"

)

I would ideally like to remove the IF statement completely if this improves efficiency

Kind Regards

Helen

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Does Bad is not working for you?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful