Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pie chart configuration

Hi,

I have a pie chart that looks like this

qv10.jpg

The number next to the AgeGroup is the number of patients.  Questions I have are:

Q1 - How do I include a header to say "NumOfPat"?

Q2 - Is it possible to show the percentage on the pie chart for each age group?  For example, blue is about 18%, green

is about 20%.

Thanks!!

19 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

Q2

in Expression tab, check "Values on data Points"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

For Q2, is it possible to show the percentage instead of the actual value?  If not possible, i'm OK with the actual data value.  However some values are overlapping on the display.  Looks a little messy.

qv11.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Clever,

I just checked your sample qvw.   Looks like you actually had to calculate the % by hand and it's not a feature of Qlik

to display "%" on the pie chart.  So let me look into what i need to do then.  Thanks

mikecrengland
Creator III
Creator III

I think you might want to try checking "Relative" on the expression tab

Capture.PNG

mike

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help.

I'm getting closer.  Question remains.  How do I include a header to read "NumOfPatient" next to AgeGroup?

For the last 3 lowest data points, the texts are overlapping on the chart.  Is there anyway to configure the this chart

maybe to "raise" these 3 labels higher than the rest?

qv12.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Checking the "relative" shows percentages instead of the actual data values next to AgeGroup but NOT on the chart itself.  So this wouldn't be much of help for the user.

mikecrengland
Creator III
Creator III

You could use Dimension limits with 'Show Others' checked to group the lowest.

For the header, I'm not 100% sure what you mean. You could check "Show Title in Chart" on the General tab. You could also add "Text in Chart" on the Presentation tab. Also, if you want to move elements around, hold down the Control and Shift keys. The elements will show as red boxes that you can move and resize.

mike

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

For the "header", I meant something like:

AgeGroup     NumOfPatient

Age 1-10       6002

Age 11-20      6272

I'd like to add "NumOfPatient" on the right column.