Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Pivot Calculation Problem

Dear Friends,

Why this pivot table getting problem

Please check the calculation? Sum. Left of everything is working but this is not working

Correct Value is - 30, But here showing 29.

Can i know what is modification i required

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
20 Replies
PrashantSangle

Hi,

try with aggr()

sum(Aggr(YourExpression,dim1,dim2))

like for Week

sum(Aggr(sum({<C_DESCRIPTION={'Reportable','Recordable','Restricted work Cases','Lost Work Cases'} >} S_COUNT),C_DESCRIPTION,dim2))

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

My second dimension is Calculated dimension, =if(wildmatch(P_Des,'All Plants')=0,P_Des)

If i apply your expression, Nothing 0 Values showing

And i want to ask, Can i know how to calculate YTD?

I am using this for YTD

Sum({<[Master Year]=, [Master Month]=, Quarter=, [Master Week]=, DATE=, Desc={'A','B','C','D'}, DATE={">=$(=Num(YearStart(Max(DATE))))<=$(=Max(DATE))"}>} DISTINCT Sales)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
PrashantSangle

Hi,

What you tried???

try below

sum(Aggr(sum({<C_DESCRIPTION={'Reportable','Recordable','Restricted work Cases','Lost Work Cases'} >} S_COUNT),C_DESCRIPTION,P_Des))

or why you required calculated dimension

just add P_Des and expression could be

sum({<C_DESCRIPTION={'Reportable','Recordable','Restricted work Cases','Lost Work Cases'},P_Des-={"All Plants"} >} S_COUNT)

Regards,

Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

@Max, time god it's working.

But, i want to implement YTD Calculation also?

PrashantSangle

Hi,

do same as whichever solution work?? which work aggr() or adding P_Des-={"All Plants"} in set analysis?

try below

using aggr()

=sum(aggr(sum({<[Master Month]={">=1 <=$(vMaxMonth)"},C_DESCRIPTION={'Reportable','Recordable','Restricted work Cases','Lost Work Cases'}>} S_COUNT),C_DESCRIPTION,P_Des))

or

sum({<[Master Month]={">=1 <=$(vMaxMonth)"},C_DESCRIPTION={'Reportable','Recordable','Restricted work Cases','Lost Work Cases'},P_Des-={"All Plants"} >} S_COUNT)

I will suggest remove calculated dimension and update set analysis, because calculated dimension is performance killer.

Regards,

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Max, How to test manually is that YTD values are correct or Not?

PrashantSangle

Test in straight table

take date/ month field add expression which you use to calculate YTD value.

Check you get proper value in front of those dates...

also don't give name to expression label. At front end put your mouse pointer on it and check what it is evaluating.

Regards

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Max, Nothing diff there. Because, we just copy that Expression and apply same thing

Can i know how this value coming?

Explain me please?

PrashantSangle

Hi,

that why I tell you to take date dimension. It will give you idea that those dates are within YTD or not.

also In chart when you take your pointer on expression label it will highlight date period which you are comparing.

In your expression it will generate expression for [Master Month]={">=1 <=$(vMaxMonth)"}

Regards,

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Max, Yes i remove that calc dimension and choose normal thing. But Exclude is not working while i am using that

In that expression, What is the happen?

As i understand, here in b/w of 1 and 12 Months data fetching to that field.

So, Can you please explain me how many fields are acting for tSum(his YTD calculation

1) C_DESCRIPTION

2) Sum(S_COUNT) where month in b/w of 1 and 12 (Jan --- Dec)

3) That expression need to show the C_DESCRIPTION values

4) P_DES , Here those two dim are Depends

What is the form of aggr here.