Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottc00
Contributor III
Contributor III

Pivot Chart - Multi Expressions - mixed bucketing

I have built a horizontal pivot chart with multiple Expressions.

The rows are the expressions, and the columns are months and years.

The problem is that I have some expressions that need to be bucketed based on date A and other expressions that need to be bucketed on date B.

For example, the dataset has Open Cases and Closed Cases.  All cases have an open date, but only closed cases have a close date.  I want to bucket the open cases using open date and the closed Cases using closed date.

If I use Open Month and Open Year as the dimensions, I will have the closed cases in the wrong buckets.

For example, a case opened in Jan2022 and closed in Apr2022 should be in the Apr2022 bucket.  But a case that is currently open with an open date of Jan2022 and no closed date should be in the Jan2022 bucket.

I thought of a generic Month Year field generated in the script and then making an If statement in the expression, but I’m not sure how to make that work.

For example,

If Dataset = Open then Generic Date = Open Date

Else Generic date = Closed Date

Thanks for any help.

Labels (1)
1 Reply
scottc00
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The only other thing I know to do is to create 2 pivot charts (one with the Opens Dates and one with the closed Dates)  and hide the dimensions in the second one and stack them in a container.  I can try this but I don't really see a way to hide the dimensions.

Thanks for any advice.