Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot Chart accumulation expression

Hello folks,

I am pretty new to Qlikview and i need some help with pivot table, accumulation expression (hope this makes any sense) over time. I have tried to find solution here, but simply by copy pasting expressions doesnt work (trial and error didnt pay off so far). So i hope you can help me with my first app

I have managed to setup bar chart and it works perfectly because i can check the full accumulation, but in pivot there is no such thing..

Here is the setup:

Dimension: Date

Expressions:

• Created = count(if(Status='New',Id))
  • Resolved = count(if(Status='Resolved',Id))
  • Open = Created - Resolved

In attachment you will find sample data. This table was modified from original date in order to get "Event" list, where i can track when each ticket was created / resolved (thanks to good guy from stack overflow). From my understanding this is a good practice.

In attached image you will see what i want to achieve, but it will probably cause issues with my totals. Right now, while Open is totaly broken, end total at the end of the pivot is calculated "Ok", but on each day its totally wrong. Can i have both? I would gladly give up on total sum of Open if i can get it to work daily.

I have personal edition so i am unable to open qlikview apps, so i would appreciate if you could show me how to do this in some detail.

Thank you in advance, regards. !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try rangesum(before(count({<Status={'New'}>}Id) - count({<Status={'Resolved'}>}Id),0, ColumnNo()))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try rangesum(before(count({<Status={'New'}>}Id) - count({<Status={'Resolved'}>}Id),0, ColumnNo()))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Gysbert! It worked like a charm Total for Open is zero but i can live with that, ill just turn off partial sums for date dimension.