Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot Table Data Issue

Hi Friends,

I Have an issue in the Pivot table for the Attached QVW file. Any suggestion?

When we are extracting the table into excel

Sum of Calc is : 99.99999

Sum of Result is: 256987512.23

There is 0.77 is difference when comparing with pivot table total(2569875513). Here my req is if i extract into excel also i should get the same total vlaue.

so the difference amount i wanted to plug into unique top value in the 'Result' Column.

ilp.png

Regards,

Pooja

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Did you tried to use more "0" s after the decimal point in the function "round"? If you put more 2 "0"s, it seems to work. Here the sum of lines (calc column) was something like 100,00002, now is 100. And the Result value is equal than input_value. Try to do that, and tell me if that's is a solution or not

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

That's a rounding problem. It occurs by physical issues of RAM and storage capacity on the CPU that is beside the point, but basically the computer will accumulate small rounding errors that ultimately can make a difference.

Either way, you're making the wrong comparison. The object in QlikView is showing the total calculation, when you export to Excel, you look at the sum of the lines. If you do the same in QlikView, the value becomes correct. Just switch to simple table and at the "expression" tab, select "sum lines". See Attachment

best,

Rodrigo Reis

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks for the timely response. I totally understood that this is the rounding problem. but still we need to get rid of this for the reporting purpose.

you changed into straight table and we got the correct total value. but It's not matching with the input value. based on my input value the data will be calculating the column. Let me know if you are not clear. Please check my example file  the total value and input value should be equal.

Regards,

Pooja

Not applicable
Author

Did you tried to use more "0" s after the decimal point in the function "round"? If you put more 2 "0"s, it seems to work. Here the sum of lines (calc column) was something like 100,00002, now is 100. And the Result value is equal than input_value. Try to do that, and tell me if that's is a solution or not

Not applicable
Author

Excellent Rodrigo. Thanks for the solution. It's working fine now

Regards,

Pooja