Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshrussin
Creator III
Creator III

Pivot Table - Show Current Month

Trying to figure out how to make this pivot table work correctly.

table.PNG

I am trying to get ONLY the days in the CURRENT month in this pivot table. Any ideas?

Right now I have a column = Date

I have tried setting the column = {$<Month_RD = {"$(=Month(FirstWorkDate(ConvertToLocalTime(Date(now()), 'GMT-05:00'),1,$(vHolidays))))"},  Year_RD = {"$(=Year(FirstWorkDate(ConvertToLocalTime(Date(now()), 'GMT-05:00'),1,$(vHolidays))))"}>}Date

But it says that is invalid.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
steverosebrook
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sorry, instead of "Month_RD", you need to replace that with whatever date field has your dates in it.  I guess maybe you said that was a field called "Date"?

View solution in original post

12 Replies
sunny_talwar

Are you using the above as a dimension? I think you need to use this as a set analysis within your measures

joshrussin
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I have it as a dimension because I need to see the individual totals per client for every day of the month. Do you have any other suggestions?

joshrussin
Creator III
Creator III
Author

If I use this expression, it will show the last 10 days.

vDays_Con = 12

currently there are 12 business days consumed this month. If I could make this equation account for business days and holidays, it would work!

=if(Date >= today()-vDays_Con and Date <= today(), Date)

steverosebrook
Contributor III
Contributor III

I typically create a dimension with an if/then that returns the dates you want, or a null value.  Then you just need to uncheck the "Include null values" box on the dimension.

Here's code that I think might work:

=if(year(Month_RD)=Year(FirstWorkDate(ConvertToLocalTime(Date(now()), 'GMT-05:00'),1,$(vHolidays)))

and

month(Month_RD)=month(FirstWorkDate(ConvertToLocalTime(Date(now()), 'GMT-05:00'),1,$(vHolidays))),date(Month_RD,'M/D/YYYY'),1/0)

joshrussin
Creator III
Creator III
Author

This returned a 0.

Why is there a 1,0 on the end of that?

steverosebrook
Contributor III
Contributor III

It's actually a 1 divided by 0 (1/0).  It's the best way I've found to create a null value.  Qlik is a little quirky when it comes to nulls, I've found. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

‌You have to limit the data in expression. Let Date be the dimension and in expressions

you can do something like this

Date >= Monthstart(Max(Date)) and Date <= Monthend(Max(Date)).

You will have to use se analysis to build this expression

joshrussin
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Using that expression, nothing generates with "include null values" checked,

if I uncheck it, Then it just shows the total for the month, I believe. I need each individual day showing not just one column

steverosebrook
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sorry, instead of "Month_RD", you need to replace that with whatever date field has your dates in it.  I guess maybe you said that was a field called "Date"?