Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot Table - Showing missing data...

Hi, I've been tasked with putting a view together for our key accounts in our business. they want to use this to additionally highlight business which traded in the previous year and has done nothing in the current year. all easy so far, but the way they want this displayed is they if they have given us a particular job type in 2011 & nothing in 2012 they want 2011 figures and then 2012 blank... I've tried showing all values etc but doesnt seem to give the desired effect.

also as an extra problem, if they've given us a courier job in 2011 and nothing in 2012 but have never given us export work then i dont want Export 2011 and 2012 with both blank.

Any help much appreciated, as not 100% sure where else to go with this. i think i'm trying to get a pivot table to do something that its not designed to do...

i've attached an example of the data, AAL0095 gave us Export in 2011, nothing in 2012..

3 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

try to populate the list with zero values during load.

Something like :

LOAD

customerid,

jobtype,

year,

month,

0 as jobs

and concatenate it with your original table.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, i've tried putting another arguement into the load to do what youve suggested above, but doesnt seem to work errors due to duplicate field names, the current load is bringing the data in from 6 different tables, two each for Export, Import & Courier...

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can you provide the sample qvw with some dummy data.