Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pivot table RangeSum() with a strange row at the bottom

Hi, all,

Today I see a strange behavior of pivot table when using RangeSum() (also RowNo()) to calculate the data as in the attached snapshot.

When I add the third expression "=sum(Spend)", there is a line suddenly appears at the bottom of the table "Revenue 1", and before that, the table is as "Revenue 2". I do not need this row, but do not know how to get rid of it. Dose any one have any clue?

Thanks very much

Selection_172.bmp

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sushil353
Master II
Master II

In Dimension > suppress null values.

HTH

Sushil

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sushil353
Master II
Master II

In Dimension > suppress null values.

HTH

Sushil

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You most likely have a record that is missing the date, possibly caused by a faulty join in your load script or a problem with your source data. If you are satisfied that this does not represent real data, you can suppress nulls as the previous poster suggested.

A better solution is to trace where these records are coming from and work to eliminate them from your model, or to correct them with a valid date.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Sushil,

Thanks very much, it works!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Jonathan,

Yes, I think you are correct, I think the expression "sum(Spend)" calculated some other data has no date.

Thanks very much for the suggestion