Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
voxjungle
Contributor
Contributor

Pivot table Value Wrongly calculates Interval

Hi,

I am trying to post a Sum of HOURS field in a pivot table & the HOURS field has values like HH:MM (60 minutes format)

But When i try to sum this in a Pivot table, The result value is shown as HH:MM (100 minutes format)

For example, sum of entries like 2.30 and 2.40 is giving me 4.80 but i expected it to be 5.10

Can you help me with correct format ?.

I tried to use interval function like =interval(Sum(HOURS)/24,'h.mm')) , but it's diving total by 24 instead of actual function.

Labels (4)
15 Replies
voxjungle
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Anonymous, This is also not working for me. It gives me same result as with Sunny's formula
MarkWillems
Contributor III
Contributor III

OK, could you  post the example qvw to take a look at?

Hey, Please don't forget to add kudos, like or mark as a solution if my reply has helped you at all! 🙂
voxjungle
Contributor
Contributor
Author

PFA my qvw file

MarkWillems
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hey

There area three problems.  Your expression is summing the hours before they are converted to a time.  SO it will treat the .3 as a decimal and not a half hour.  The sum needs to sit around the interval#

=Interval(Sum(Interval#(hours, 'h.mm')), 'h.mm')

Secondly, the format is wrong because you have set the format manually in the "Number" tab.  The expression is forced to be Fixed at 2 decimal places, so it converts the number from a time format.  Change it back to expression default.

Finally, your 10.3 will be read as 10 hours and 3 minutes, not 30 which I suspect it should be.  You need to get your data collection to be a bit better, or affect the format of the data so that it properly reflects the time in a correct format.

So AB right now which has 5 sets of 10.3 hours reads as 50.15 hours and not 52.5.  It may be that if there is only one number after the decimal place then you automatically add a 0 to it, but better you get the source data to be a proper time format.

Hey, Please don't forget to add kudos, like or mark as a solution if my reply has helped you at all! 🙂
voxjungle
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks. that helped

sunny_talwar

So, I guess my initially provided expression was not incorrect after all 🙂

image.png