Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aarohipatel
Creator II
Creator II

Pivot table- calculated columns

Hi,

I have an application wherein I am using Pivot table with the directly available fields. But, I need some additional calculated columns. Attached is the sample data and following are the new columns I want in the table(highlighted in yellow):

Untitled.png

In the excel file attached for sample data, I have added a sheet 'Results expecting' where in the calculation of the new columns is available.

Only for the latest Year Qtr , I need month wise.

Could you please advise on how to achieve the new columns?

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

5 Replies
aarohipatel
Creator II
Creator II
Author

@sunny_talwar  Could you please provide your inputs and/or  possible solution for my requirement?

Thank you!

sunny_talwar

Check attached

Capture.PNG

aarohipatel
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thank you very much for the solution you provided. It is exactly what I need.

When I tried to implement the same in one of the test application, I am not getting the Pivot table working. Could you please take a look at it (attached) an let me know where am I going wrong?

You have used the following expression in sort- What is 1E10?

(YEAR * 10000),
-Rank(YEARQTR),
Dim/100,
YEARMONTH/1E10
)

One additional question, I have added a  pivot chart 'Sum' (CH02) in which I am grouping 2 expressions. When I move the YEARQTR field position to horizontal, the grouping symbol is missing. But when I keep YEARQTR vertical, grouping is working fine(CH04). Could you please advise on this as well?

Thank you much!

sunny_talwar

Pivot table? Why a pivot table?

IE10  = 10,000,000,000 (1 followed by 10 zeros)

For grouping, you need to add MONTH as the third dimension

image.png

aarohipatel
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thank you for responding. I did not get the answer for the following:

In the attachment that I have,

1. Chart number 03: I tried to implement the same as you but it is not working. Can you please let me know where am I going wrong?

2. Chart Number 04 is working fine but when I change the YearQtr from Horizontal to vertical (which is Chart 02), the expression grouping symbol is missing and I am trying to get solution for that.

(Difference between chart 04 and 05 is position of the YEARQTR field causing the cyclic group symbol to miss.

Please advise.

Thank you much!