Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

filtering one part of a combo plot

Hi,

I have a combo plot (line and bar plot). I want to filter the data that generated the bar plot and NOT the line plot.

XYZV
110.50.8A
220.40.45B
330.30.7A

The plot has been created using the following:

X as Dimension

Y as Experssion (Line plot)

Z as Expression  (Bar plot)

The expression for Z is basically a frequency: =(Count(X)/count(ALL(X)))*100

What I want to do do, is filter the calculation of Z based on the value of V, i.e., only calculate Z for the rows where V='A'

does it make sense to write the expression as follows:

=(Count({<V={'A'}>} X)/count({<V={'A'}>}ALL(X)))*100

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I am not following you, But by luck you can use TOTAL keyword rather ALL

=(Count({<V={'A'}>} X)/count({<V={'A'}>} TOTAL X))*100

What I want to do do, is filter the calculation of Z based on the value of V, i.e., only calculate Z for the rows where V='A'

What you mean, Z based on the value over here?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I am not following you, But by luck you can use TOTAL keyword rather ALL

=(Count({<V={'A'}>} X)/count({<V={'A'}>} TOTAL X))*100

What you mean, Z based on the value over here?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

I want to calculate Z i.e., the frequency here, ONLY based on the rows where V='A'.

Does the expression used actually return what I actually want?

What is the difference between Total and ALL ?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Here is the link for 3rd question - Keywords : TOTAL, ALL &amp; DISTINCT

Second question, How come we know whether what is business?

First question? Yes, If your frequency expression correct then off course, The condition true

Not applicable
Author

from the explanation, I think total is what I want.

As in my case, the division in the Frequency should be calculated ONLY based on the count of rows where V='A'.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Deserve It !!!