Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Plotting charts for files imported based on the file text

Hello,

I have 2 queries with regard to plotting charts based on the file names of the imported content

1. Considering we have files that are named as: ABC_XY1*.csv and A12*.csv and each of these files contain the same embedded labels, then I would want to import these files based on their text name into separate tables/rows into qlikview.

For instance, all files containing ABC_XY1 must be loaded onto a table (Such that it can be directly displayed as a separate field) and A12 into another table. How would I need to go about implmenting the same?

2. Once these files are imported, I want to separately plot the graphs for Y1 vs X [ms] for both file names imported.

Eg: For ABC_XY1 and ABC_XY2, I require a plot of the values of X [ms] and Y1 for the Content of ABC_XY1 and ABC_XY2. Similarly, for A121 and A122, I require a separate plot of Y1 vs X [ms] for that data from A121 and A122. Do we need to define any expressions for the same?

Any suggestions to implemente both these queries would be really helpful.

Mock code:

if( Importing Files contain ABC_XY text) then

Load files onto Table1 (---> Plot Graphs of Y1 vs X for Table 1)

elseif (Importing Files contain A12 text) then

Load files onto Table2 (---> Plot Graphs of Y1 vs X for Table 2)

end if

Current importing technique used:

Import.png

Have also attached a couple of test files for your reference.

Best regards,

Suraj

3 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

It would be better loading into same table but with FileBaseName() as Field

So you can use Field={"ABC_XY1*.csv"} into your expressions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anjos,

Unfortunately, I could not understand. Sorry.

Do I need to replace FileName with Field and then, enter Field={"ABC_XY1*.csv"} in the Expression field of the field listbox?

Just to understand better, why are we taking this approach?

If possible, could you provide a sample file for my reference?

Best regards,

Suraj

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

you´re already loading FileBaseName into FileName fields, item 1 ok

Are you familiar with Set Analysis tecniques? If not, please read this A Primer on Set Analysis

Ex: SUM({<Filename={"ABC_XY1*.csv"}>} Value)