Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mariozubieta
Contributor III
Contributor III

Populate cells

Hello,

I was wondering if some has encountered a similar problem.

Im trying to create a number of tables that show sum(number) for the current and next 3 quarters.

so for example it'll show 2017-2,2017-3,2017-4,2018-1.

The thing is there is one table for each area.

Initially i had no problems showing the numbers for the distinct areas.

The problem is when few weeks ago a new area was added. Since its new, it does not have to much information yet, and there are no numbers for 2018-1, si the table only shows 3 rows.

Ive tryed different things so itll show a 0 on 2018-1, so all tables look alike but havent find a way to do it.

Ive tryed using different things, like using isnull() on a conditional to show a 0, but it doesnt seem to work that way.

Im using a pivot table with a calculate dimension just called "Rolling qtrs" and a second dimension with all my Quarters.

Im using set analysis inside the expression to only calculate for 2017-2,2017-3,2017-4,2018-1.

Anyone have solved a similar problem?

thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mariozubieta
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Not really.

I was just that the info didnt existed on the DB. Like actual IDs with the information.

I added some dummy lines to the table so it shows the 0 now.

thanks anyway

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Does you meant to say, If you select 2017-2 Quarter name you want to fetch next 3 quarters of data and do you ahve data for 2018-01 because usual all DB has only till this date data only.

Well, Let's think related FY 2017-2018 how you want to be quarters in your Data model

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
mariozubieta
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Not really.

I was just that the info didnt existed on the DB. Like actual IDs with the information.

I added some dummy lines to the table so it shows the 0 now.

thanks anyway