Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Populate missing information

I have reports for roughly 125 offices.

In my qlikview report I have one table with information about all 125 offices. This information is static and rarely changes.

I have a second Fact table that comes from weekly reports I receive.

The issue I am having is that the reports come only with the offices that have data to share. I need to populate a zero for the offices not listed.

My office list are driven by office number. It is not a straight 1 through 125 but there are 125 numbers that each refer to the office.

The report I get is two columns: Office number and the another number field but this report only has lines for the offices that have a number to report. If it is Zero then it doesn't appear on the report. Is there a way to populate a Zero for these missing offices so an average would be a true average rather than an average of when they report a number?

Thanks in advance for the help,

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have a look at

Generating Missing Data In QlikView

Another option would be to not use Avg() function but a division of your aggregated numbers by the selected number of weeks (or any other number that would return you the corret denominator)

=Sum( MeasureField) / Count(TOTAL DISTINCT Week)

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Perhaps like this?

[This Week's Reports]:
LOAD
[Office]
,[Office] as [Reporting Office]
,[Number]
FROM somewhere
;
CONCATENATE [This Week's Reports]
LOAD
[Office]
,0 as [Number]
RESIDENT [Offices]
WHERE not exists([Reporting Office],[Office])
;

DROP FIELD [Reporting Office];