Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Position objects on sheets

Hello,

I have a QVW file with 10 tabs.   I want to copy an object from tab1 and place this same object at the same position on the sheet

in the other 9 tabs (tab2 thru tab10).  Is this possible and if so, how do I do this?

Thanks

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When you copy and paste object from one to sheet to another sheet it will by default be pasted in the same position.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I must have not done it correctly.  It's working now.

Slightly different question.  I have an object that sits in 10 tabs.  I want resize this object and have it appears

consistently (same coordinates),  Is there a quick way to do this for all 10 tabs or I have to go to the "Caption" page

for each tab and adjust the coordinates there?

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Don´t paste them, but "Past Sheet Object as a Link"

Them Right-Click / Linked Objects / Adjust Position of Linked Objects

Capturar.PNG

This will keep them at same position and with same size

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am not aware of a quick way, but rather going to the caption tab - how about deleting the object from the 9 tabs, re-size the object on the first tab and copy / paste it back the 9 tabs.

Also you can paste as a link to the object, although this won't help with re-sizing,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just to clarify... This object contains different data for each of the tabs.  It just happens to be located at the same position on each sheet.  Sounds like I would need to go to the caption page and make the change there, right?

Looking at the menu in the screenshot, "Paste Sheet Object as a Link" if all of my 10 tabs are using the same chart, correct?

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

"This object contains different data for each of the tabs", so linking is not an option, unless you create your expressions like

IF(GetActiveSheetId()='SH01', sum(Expression1))

So the best solution would be going to Caption Tab of each object and ajusting X,Y, Height and Width

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Another workaround would be a macro that sets your objects position

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for everyone's help and your quick replies.  I just resized them all manually.

Yes, some day, I will get to the level of QV experience to be able to write Macros.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Could well be quicker to do it the "slow" way,say 1 minute per object, 10 objects - so sorted in 10 minutes.

Sometimes sorting a quick way takes a lot longer than just doing it.