Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II

Prevent field from being cleared on sheet

Hi,

I have on one of my sheets a Sheet Event Trigger which will always show on the selection box Status = 'CLOSED', is it possible when a user clears the sheet it will prevent this field from being cleared? At the moment it will clear the field but when I go to another sheet and return back to that sheet the Status = 'CLOSED' will show; I want it to somehow not clear this field from the selection box altogether?

Thanks

Ivan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Option 1:

Select at least one value and then Right click - Go to properties -----> General Tab ------------> Enable - "Always one selected Value"

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable

Option 1 : You can make the field "always One selected value" .

Option 2: Use a clear Button which will -

ACTION : 'Clear Other Fields' Field: Status

See if it works

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

HI,

Could you show a example of option 1, yeah I thought about option 2 but they also could click the clear button that is defaulted by QlikView which would clear it.

Thanks

Not applicable

Option 1:

Select at least one value and then Right click - Go to properties -----> General Tab ------------> Enable - "Always one selected Value"

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Maybe lock the field when entering the sheet, and unlock the field when exiting the sheet?

Not applicable

Hi,

I want to revive this thread by further detailing the same question. I use QV 11 functionality of selecting dimensions of a chart (straight table) by checking a listbox with these dimensions (that is loaded as an unlinked table in the data model).

The user will select the dimensions she/he wants to see, then select in other fields. Upon pressing the QV Clear button all selections get cleared included the selected dimensions. Is there a way to set the Dimension listbox field not to be cleared by the in-built Clear button?

The list box field name is hidden and there are many fileds that are typically selected at any time so I doubt that lock selections will be a convenient solution.

Do you know any solution to this?

Thanks.

Not applicable

ok I found a possible way - I lock the selections in the listbox and select Overwrite Locked Field, then new selections of dimensions can still be made, and the Clear button doesn't clear them.