Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wassimharfoush
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Previous FY to same date of today last year

Hi,

I have used the following expression to get YTD current FY sales and it works ok.

Sum({$<Date={"=<$(=$(vToday))"}, Date={">=$(=$(vFiscalYearStart))"}>}SALE)

The variables defined as the following:

vToday: date(today())

vFiscalYearStart: if(today() < Date('7/1/'&Year(Today())),'7/1/' &(Year(Today())-1),'7/1/'&(Year(Today())))

But when I used the following expression for the same period last FY it did not work.

Sum({$<Date={"=<$(=$(vLastYearDay))"}, Date={">=$(=$(vLastFiscalYearStart))"}>})

The variable defined as the following:

vLastFiscalYearStart:

if(today() < Date('7/1/'&Year(Today())-1),'7/1/' &(Year(Today())-2),'7/1/'&(Year(Today())-1))

vLastYearDay: Date(AddYears(Today(), -1)) 

Please kindly help..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If you have any date related fields exclude its selection by using below expression

Sum({$<MonthFieldName=, YearFieldName=, QuarterFieldName=, Date={">=$(=vLastFiscalYearStart)<$(=vLastYearDay)"}>} MeasureName)

Check this link

Set Analysis for certain Point in Time

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
marcus_sommer

The reason could be that you checked the LastFiscalYear variable against today() like by FiscalYear, try instead:

vLastFiscalYearStart:

if(Date(AddYears(Today(), -1)) < Date('7/1/'&Year(Today())-1),'7/1/' &(Year(Today())-2),'7/1/'&(Year(Today())-1))

If this not worked use a pivot-table without an expression-name for these expression and you will see by hovering over the expression-label how qlikview interpreted your expression. This will give you valuable hints what needs to be adjusted.

- Marcus

wassimharfoush
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your help.. this is useful info but still doesn't fix my problem. when I follow your method and put the expression with no title I see the right dates carried over but the numbers still off.

I have put the expression into a straight table along with the date. and I noticed I see all the dates from the FY start of previous year up until the latest date...

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try like this

vLastYearDay: Date(AddYears(Today(), -1))

vLastFiscalYearStart : if(vLastYearDay < Date('7/1/'&(Year(Today())-1)),'7/1/' &(Year(Today())-2),'7/1/'&(Year(Today())-1))

Sum({$<Date={">=$(=vLastFiscalYearStart)<$(=vLastYearDay)"}>} MeasureName)

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

wassimharfoush
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

thank you but this gives me 0 .. the variables work fine when tested in text boxes though but the expression returns 0

wassimharfoush
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Here is a qvw sample, The starting date works ok but the ending date should be 12/1/14

I need an expression return the values between 7/1/14 (Previous FY Start Date) and ends 12/16/14.(same day of today from last year)

wassimharfoush
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Any suggestions?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If you have any date related fields exclude its selection by using below expression

Sum({$<MonthFieldName=, YearFieldName=, QuarterFieldName=, Date={">=$(=vLastFiscalYearStart)<$(=vLastYearDay)"}>} MeasureName)

Check this link

Set Analysis for certain Point in Time

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

Check the Attachment.

You can try below expression (give the '=' sign in your variable)

=Sum({$<GlobalDate={">=$(vLastFiscalYearStart)<=$(vLastYearDay)"}>}Value)

wassimharfoush
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you that was helpful.