Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Murlimes
Contributor III
Contributor III

Previous Month in Pivot Expression

Hello,

whats the proper way to make an expression for the previous month in an pivot, without showing the previous month in the the Pivot dimension?

I can do it in a Chart with a VpreviousMonth Variable, but if i convert that Chart/expression into a pivot table, it doesnt work.

The Pivot will expand to both months and the previous month Expression will actually only be shown in the Dimension of the previous Month, but i want the expression to be in the actual selected month.

Thanks

5 Replies
Murlimes
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

just tried adding TOTAL and it seems to work, but it only shows now the previous  month Subtotal at every day.  (at least its the correct value)

I would still need to have the correct value for every single day and the correct value for the subtotal month.

I assume this has to be solved with an aggr function in some way like aggr(sum(total(<previousM>),Day))) but somehow i cant get it work, it will always show the subtotal of the previous month , in every single cell.

MayilVahanan

Hi @Murlimes 

Can you provide sample with ur scenario?

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Murlimes
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

I have charts where i use something like this

Sum({<[CAL.MonthStart] = {'$(vPriorMonthStart)'}, CAL.Year=, CAL.YearMonth=, CAL.YearWeek>}Value)

where PriorMontStart points to the previous month based on the user selection.

This works in every chart. If i put this epxression into a pivot table the pivot Table will expand to the previous month + current month. It will only show the previous month expression result in actual the previous month ( i understand this logic).

If i expand the epression with TOTAL

Sum(TOTAL{<[CAL.MonthStart] = {'$(vPriorMonthStart)'}, CAL.Year=, CAL.YearMonth=, CAL.YearWeek>}Value)

The pivot table will only show the Subtotal from the previous Month in every daily Cell of the currernt selected month. But i would like to see the amount for every single day + the correct subtotal

Thanks

Murlimes

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Im not  sure try this.

Expression

Sum(TOTAL{<[CAL.MonthStart]= {'$(=$(vPriorMonthStart))'}, CAL.Year=, CAL.YearMonth=, CAL.YearWeek>}Value)

Murlimes
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This is will show the subtotal of the previous month in every cell (day)