Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Print report to multiple PDFs using banding field data

I have a report which is banded using a department name field [rptDept] to generate the report. I get a great breakdown of the data for each department and this works well for sending to a printer. I can separate the report by hand and pass it out to the departments.

I would like to take this report and print it to PDF, however I need a separate PDF for each department's report. Aside from manually selecting each department name and printing the report to PDF, is there a way to have QlikView generate a PDF file for each department's report, and name the file using the data from the field used to band the report?

I am unable to open other people's QlikView documents so please post the code and explanation if possible.

Thanks for any help or advice you can provide.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I also need to do a similar thing, does anybody know if its possible?

//BR
Patrik

Not applicable
Author

Bump!

Any ideas or help here?

I thought I read somewhere that one of the PDF print drivers out there can allow this but I don't remember which one that one is or how it worked.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The 'native' way of acheiving this is with a QlikView Publisher (which requires QlikView Server) and the PDF Publisher add-on.  All of these components carry an extra licence cost - but once in place will acheive what you need in a very straight forward way.

If you want to attempt to do this without licencing these products it should be possible by writing macro code.  There are a number of things that your macro will need to do - enumerarate around values in a field, dynamically apply selections and spool a Report to a PDF printer driver.  You will undoubtably be able to find how to acheive all of these things by searching the community - but it is quite a lot to get working together at one time.

- Steve