Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem applying Qlikview License

Hi,

I have problems appplying a Qlikview license (LEF file) for Qlikview Personal Edition in Windows.

We have a valid LEF file with 48 User Cals and 50 Doc CALS. According to Qlikview Enterprise Management Console I have a USER Cal assigned to me.

When I open Qlikview Personal Addition and go to License Update it shows the correct LEF file. But I can still only run Personal Edition which mean I can't get access to all the document we developed.

When I press "Contact License Enabler Folder" I get this error message, "Unable to obtain information for your license key".

What is the correct method for applying a LEF file in Qlikview Personal Edition?

Best regards,

Jonas

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Try to open a file in browser through Open in server option,after that the qlikview automatically take license lease from the server

Thanks,

Vivek

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vivek,

I tried this and I can open the document in server mode. I look under "Licens Update" and it seems that I got a lease.

But I can still not open the same document in another mode in order to edit the code. I states that I have exceeded the number of recovered documents because I'm still on Personal Edition.

Any idea why this is?

Best regards,

Jonas

guilherme_olive
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Not applicable
Author

Thanks to you both!

Checking the box "Allow license lease" in Publisher did the trick.

Best regards,

Jonas