Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem deploying our QlikViewOCX app.

Hi QlikCommunity,

we developed a nice, little C# .Net 2.0 appliaction using the QlikViewOCX, which runs fine on our developer pcs, but doesn't run on an other pc or VM. My VM is a Windows XP Pro SP2(developer pc: Vista Buisness SP2). The QlikViewOCX reference manual describe 3 option for deploying a QlikViewOCX app, MSI or MergeModules won't work for our app, so I installed the QvOCXRTL.exe (QlikViewOCX Runtime Library) and copied the release folder to the VM. If I start the app a Login pops up and asks for a Login to our QVS, then the login/pw is used to querry a list of all documents for this login. The app receives the list and displays it. If the user selects a document, we try loading it into the OCX.

Ocx.OpenDocument(Path, login, passwd);
// Path is something like "qvp://company-qvs/document1.qvw"
// login/passwd where successfully used before to querry the document list

Now the strange things start to happen. On our devolper pcs the document loads and shows up inside the OCX, but on my VM the OCX pops up a dialog and i have to authenticate again.

This is the dialog which pops up. I have to select 'Alternate Identity' type in the login, then press open and then enter the password in the next dialog.

Why can't I open the document without that dialog, like on our devolper pcs? Did I miss a file which i have to deploy too?

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If I pass the username inside the path i only get the password prompt. But that's still a secound login prompt.

Ocx.OpenDocument("qvp://login@company-qvs/doc1.qvw", login, passwd);

Not applicable
Author

Nobody knows somethink that could help me?

Not applicable
Author

Based on your description, a couple of possibilities come to mind.

First, is your virtual machine connected to your companies domain?

Second, is a CAL assigned to your Domain\Username?

Judging by the fact that you are using a qvp:// uri, I can only assume that document1.qvw resides on your Qlikview Server. Most often you'll use Active Directory to manage identification and authentication to your Qlikview Server. If you are using Active Directory, then your machine must be joined to the Active Directory domain, and either your machine or your active directory user name must be assigned a CAL (unless you have a session or document cal).

Hope this helps!

-Alex

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Aziehn,

Were you ever able to resolve this problem? If so, can you please share how?

Thanks,

Not applicable
Author

Did you find a solution for the problem?