Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem in Combo chart

Hi,

I have the following combo chart... As you can see I have 3 lines plotted over time. Now if I select one day I would like to see the combo chart bar appear. Instead, for one of the figures in green, it only appears as a single dot (in the circle). If it was like the Red or Blue lines will be acceptable. But I would like to see  the Bar as it's combo chart.  Any ideas why it doesn't work for the green and I can only see the single dot? Thank you!

Diagram1.PNG

diagram2.PNG
Panos.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Possibly the dot is coming for a specific expression. Select the expression  -> Display option->Check 'Bar' and uncheck symbol.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Possibly the dot is coming for a specific expression. Select the expression  -> Display option->Check 'Bar' and uncheck symbol.

svenkita
Creator II
Creator II

Change the Graph type to Combo Chart

Repeat the same three expression and in change the type to bar instead of line

select conditional expression of newly created expression  and add the following

=if(Count(Date) = 1,1,0)

and do the reverse for the orginal 3 line expressions.

Attached is a example..

Hope this helps

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi panlondon,

any chance that you can upload a sample qvw, it makes diagnosing issues easier and quicker?

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. I am happy with the bar appearing now I clicked the bar option too, at least the users are. It may just be the dodgy data. Does the if sets the field to appear as yes/ no based on the count of data available. It didn't really do what I wanted to do clicking the bar produces acceptable results.