Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem loading sheet Qlikview

Hi community.

I have an application developed in QlikView.

The application has 40 tabs.

But there is a tab that is problematic.

When you select this tab, when load, after a certain time an error message appears.

You've a screenshot of the error in attached file.

Help me please to solve the problem

Thanks

1 Reply
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yimen

You have an object on that tab that is running out of memory when QV calculates it.

There could be a number of reasons, but the two most likely (in my experience) are:

1. The table is simply too big for the machine that you are running it on.
  2. Or (more likely) you have an expression in that tab that is referencing two tables that have no relationship to each other. This forces QV to attempt a cross join (Cartesian join), matching every record of the first table with every record of the second table in turn. For example, if table 1 has 30,000 records and table2 has 100,000 records, the expression will attempt to hold 3,0000,000,000 records in memory, and that could well exceed the capacity of your machine. Usually, this is an indication of an error in the model, and the expression dhould be modified or removed OR add a link between the two tables.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein