Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrBosch
Creator
Creator

Problem: sum variable for which a dimension has an occurence of 1

Hi All

I have been searching for a long time today for this (seemingly simple problem) but can't find it.

I have a field [Project code] with projectcodes. Sometimes a [Project code] has sub-projects (so the occurence is >1 in th frequency table).

Now I want to

1) chart the variable value [profit result %] on the Y-axis for the dimension [Project code] (so only the projects that have 1 occurence (so... are distinct and not a part of a 'group of projects'): where and how to add these conditions in a bar graph and

2) do some calculations with this [Project Code | where occurence = 1] selection, so I need proper set analysis example. What I can come up with is wrongly: =sum ( count(distinct([Project code] = '1'), [profit result])

Hope anyone can help me out here! Highly appreciated.

Stay healthy!

Alex

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

If there are no further dependencies and you need this logic more often the suggested flag-solution within the script should be most suitable. If not you may use something like this:

sum([profit result]) * -(count(distinct [Project code]) = 1) 

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Sounds like you'd do better to calculate a flag in your script for this and then use that later, something along the lines of:

Load [Project Code], Count([Project Code]) as [Project Count]

Resident YourTable

Group by [Project Code];

Your front-end formula would then be e.g.

Sum({< [Project Count]={1} >} [profit result])

marcus_sommer

If there are no further dependencies and you need this logic more often the suggested flag-solution within the script should be most suitable. If not you may use something like this:

sum([profit result]) * -(count(distinct [Project code]) = 1) 

- Marcus

MrBosch
Creator
Creator
Author

This is indeed the easiest solution. Thank you for that!

MrBosch
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Or,

Your solution might work but it has appeared too difficult for me to implement. I don't know the exact working of 'Resident YourTable' and grouping but perhaps it will benefit others. I appreciate your effort though.

Thanks.