Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with Set Analisys formula

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with set analysis formula. I try to calculate the valid accounts at month end. I have a calendar table that has a field, MontEnd, calculated as

IF(DayStart(TempDate) = DayStart(MonthEnd(TempDate)),MonthEnd(TempDate)) AS MonthEnd

If I write the stock as

=Count(distinct IF(MonthEnd=date(MonthEnd(AddMonths(Today(),-1))),ACCOUNT))

I have the right values. If I try to write the same thing with set analysis formula below I have 0 for all dimensions.
=Count({$<MonthEnd={$(#=date(MonthEnd(AddMonths(Today(),-1))))}>} DISTINCT ACCOUNT)

Please, can you tell me the write syntax of set analysis in this case?

Thank you all very much!

Best regards,

Adelaida

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Adelaida,

the set analysis formula should look like this:

=Count({$<MonthEnd={$(='"'&date(MonthEnd(AddMonths(Today(),-1)))&'"')}>} DISTINCT ACCOUNT)

Milda

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Adelaida,

Syntax seems to be ok for me. But I may change

$(#=date
for
$(=date
as I'm not sure about comparing a datefield with date format (as you are getting in your load script) stored in Monthend field with the numeric value returned by the preceding "#" in your set analysis.

By the way, I would suggest you to change the name of the field MonthEnd, as this is, as well, the name of a function, which can mislead QlikView when operating (set analysis or whatever) try to distinguish beyween function name and field name. This may be likely affecting your set analysis.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Adelaida,

the set analysis formula should look like this:

=Count({$<MonthEnd={$(='"'&date(MonthEnd(AddMonths(Today(),-1)))&'"')}>} DISTINCT ACCOUNT)

Milda

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much Milda!! It works!!!!