Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alferrar
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with alt states in set analysis

Hi, I have a simple database (simple but with milions of rows) like:

ID (customer ID)StoreBehaviour

the table key is ID+Store (meaning that a customer has only one possible behaviour in each store

What I'm trying to achieve is: "how many € are spent in Store "B" with a specific behaviour (destination) by the clients who have a specific behaviour in Store "A" (origin)?",

I have a table with this expression:

sum({<[ID]=p({<[Store]=AltStore::[Store]>*<[Behaviour]=AltBehaviour::[Behaviour]>} [ID])>} €)

Store and Behaviour are the dimensions of the table, and therefore represent the "destination"

To cycle between the possible "origins", I have 2 selection tools, one for AltStore and one for AltBehaviour (and a macro to cycle all the combinations and export to excel)

The problem is that the expression works fine when I make a selection in AltStore only, with no selection for AltBehaviour

As I select AltBehaviour I have sometimes (not always) wrong results, with the sum of € for all the possibile origin behaviours higher than the results without selections on AltBehaviour

Also the count(ID) doesn't work, with the same ratio

As it doesn't happen always, I don't have a clue on the problem, can someone please tell me what's wrong in the above expression?

many thanks... Alessandro

0 Replies