Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with partial reload and left join

Hi Folks!,

i don't understand this behavior.... in a script with many select and load i have 1 table with REPLACE statement for partial reload.

When i launch Partial Reload the load script fail because it throw an exception for a LEFT JOIN ( of QLikview syntax not SQL ).

It's very strange baceuse the message says that "The table xxxxxx does not exist"

It seems that when i do Partial reload, the script ignore for LEFT JOIN the rule for executing LOAD Stamement only if they are preceding from REPLACE.

Next

If i bring the script code in another Qlikview document without the replace statement , linking this to the original Qlik document keeping the replace statement, the problem does not appear

Any ideas?

Thanks at all!

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I have the same problem , during the partial reload , QV tries to execute the left join load.

It seems a bug to me.

I an going to check on PRM if there is something about it.

Philippe

Not applicable
Author

I opened a log to check with Qliktech if there is any solution to that problem.

It seems , based on a FAQ that we have to program these parts of the partial reload

Here is the Solution found :

"The Partial Reload checks only include Load statements and not Drop Table so one has to script in an if-statement to check for that using the function:
IsPartialReload() that returns -1 (true) if the reload is in fact partial."

Hope that helps.

Philippe