Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjn123pjn123
Contributor III
Contributor III

Problem with set modifier with embedded calculation

Hi everyone

I'm new to QlikView and I'm having difficulty in getting my expression to give me the correct value

I'm having problems with the set modifier below:

//Works 100% - just a bit slow

sum({1} If([YearMonth]<= $(=date(addmonths(makedate(Year,Month),0),'YYYYMM')) and [YearMonth]> $(=date(addmonths(makedate(Year,Month),-12),'YYYYMM')) and [Account Code] >= 5000 and [Account Code] <= 6010 and [Acc Advisor Code] <> '#0000' and [Acc Advisor Code] <> '#', Amount*_ActualInd))

//Works 100%

sum({1 < [YearMonth] = {">201512<=201612"}, [Account Code] = {">=5000<=6010"}, [Acc Advisor Code] -= {'#0000', '#'} >} Amount*_ActualInd)

//Gives me ZERO values

sum({1 < [YearMonth] = {$(= ">" & date(addmonths(makedate(Year,Month),-12),'YYYYMM') & "<=" & date(addmonths(makedate(Year,Month),0),'YYYYMM'))}, [Account Code] = {">=5000<=6010"}, [Acc Advisor Code] -= {'#0000', '#'} >} Amount*_ActualInd)

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me in the right direction!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Try it this way:

sum({1 < [YearMonth] =

{">$(=date(addmonths(makedate(Year,Month),-12),'YYYYMM'))<=$(=date(addmonths(makedate(Year,Month),0),'YYYYMM'))"},

[Account Code] = {">=5000<=6010"},

[Acc Advisor Code] -= {'#0000', '#'} >} Amount*_ActualInd) 

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

Try it this way:

sum({1 < [YearMonth] =

{">$(=date(addmonths(makedate(Year,Month),-12),'YYYYMM'))<=$(=date(addmonths(makedate(Year,Month),0),'YYYYMM'))"},

[Account Code] = {">=5000<=6010"},

[Acc Advisor Code] -= {'#0000', '#'} >} Amount*_ActualInd) 

- Marcus

pjn123pjn123
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That was a quick fix! Thanks for the help Marcus!

The code now returns the last 12 month figures as expected.