Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problems with Pie Charts

Hello, I'm a new user in qlikview, so I'm eager to know if you can help me out.

I'm trying to do a pie chart with different values.These values represent the sales of every single product that I have over a year.
There are many years which I can choose to make a query.

For example:

Year    product1  product2    product3   product4

2010     30           40                    20               10

2011     30           20                    35                15

2012     25          10                     5                   5

The problem that I'm having, is that when i do the chart, I'm not really sure how to define the expression. So far I have used "sum" because it's the only way that I can see the sales of the 4 productos on the chart, but the number that is represented in the chart is the sum of every product throughout the years, leaving me the chart with these values:

Product1: 85

product2: 70

Product3: 60

Prodcut4: 30

This is the expression that I used:

=sum(Sales_Product1)

=sum(Sales_Product2)

=sum(Sales_Prodcut3)

=sum(Sales_Product4)

How can i do the chart so that only appears the value of the single year that I have selected??

I would be very grateful for the help that you could lend me

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

1. Add a listbox for the year field and select a year. Your expressions will automatically reflect your selections.

2. Modify the expression and hard code a year: =sum({<Year={2010}>}Sales_Product1)

3. Modify the expression to use a variable, e.g. vYear, and use a slider or input box to set the value of the variable: =sum({<Year={$(vYear)}>}Sales_Product1)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

1. Add a listbox for the year field and select a year. Your expressions will automatically reflect your selections.

2. Modify the expression and hard code a year: =sum({<Year={2010}>}Sales_Product1)

3. Modify the expression to use a variable, e.g. vYear, and use a slider or input box to set the value of the variable: =sum({<Year={$(vYear)}>}Sales_Product1)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Still with the same problem...

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Then I don't understand your problem. Please post a document that demonstrates the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I made a mistake with the code, your answer did help me.

Thank you very much!