Skip to main content

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Welcome to Qlik Community! Check out our new navigation! FIND OUT MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Product Cross Sell Pivot Overview?

Hello all,

this must be a very common question, but so far I did not find a solution in the forum.

I have a raw data table showing which customer (1..6) bought which product (A.B.C)

My goal is to achieve an overview, which customer of product A has also purchased product B.
I want to have that in a (pivot) table. I found solutions in the forum where the information is provided based on a product or customer selection, but this is not what I need. I want to show the result based on a “clear” selection.

Raw data:
(Row 1 reads ‘Customer 1 bought products A, B, and C’
Row 2 reads ‘Customer 2 bought only products A’)

CID

A

B

C

x

x

X

x

x

x

x

X

X

x

Desired Result:
(Row 1 reads ‘2 customers bought products A AND B, 1 customer bought products A AND C’)

A

B

C

A

-

B

-

C

-

I worked with the aggr function, e.g. to find out how many customers have bought more than 1 product, but I fail to get the pivot done. I just don’t understand how to combine the calculated dimensions with the set analysis … which must be the way doing it … or not?

Thank for any hints,

Thilo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think you can use something like the crosstabulation solution I posted here for that, using the same dimension product twice:

http://community.qlik.com/message/162179

Hope this helps,

Stefan

edit: adapted your file

View solution in original post

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think you can use something like the crosstabulation solution I posted here for that, using the same dimension product twice:

http://community.qlik.com/message/162179

Hope this helps,

Stefan

edit: adapted your file

Not applicable
Author

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for the help!
Sometimes the simple solutions are the best … I was so focused on aggr/ set analysis that I didn’t see the obvious.

Great – thanks again,

Thilo

syazwani91
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Swuehl,

I have the same problem, trying to replicate it in Qliksense

May I  know how can I get the same output in qliksense?

Or if there is any Qliksense community members knows the solution will be great!