cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PrimBITEXAS
Contributor
Contributor

Profit and Loss Script Issue

I need help regarding my Profit and Lost table expression that works on Actuals (Jan-20, Feb-20, Mar-20 columns), however the +/- sign is negative for Budget numbers (Apr-20, May-20, Jun-20 columns) and the Contribution Margin % wont calculate. My current selections are the Actuals (Jan-20, Feb-20, Mar-20 columns) in this example.

temp1.png

SCRIPT:

vMonth=Max([Month Year])

=If(PLSign=1,
       Num(if(Only({1}[Month Year])<=vMonth, sum({<[Month Year],Ledger_Type={'Actual'}>}-Amount), sum({<[Month Year],Ledger_Type={'Plan'}>}-Amount)),'#,##0;(#,##0)')
  ,If(PLLevel = 'p'
     , Num(if(Only({1}[Month Year])<=vMonth, sum({<[Month Year],Ledger_Type={'Actual'}>}-Amount), sum({<[Month Year],Ledger_Type={'Plan'}>}-Amount))
       /if(Only({1}[Month Year])<=vMonth, sum({<[Month Year],Ledger_Type={'Actual'}>}If(Object_Account>='400000' AND Object_Account<='499999',-Amount)), sum({<[Month Year],Ledger_Type={'Plan'}>}If(Object_Account>='400000' AND Object_Account<='499999',-Amount))),'#,##0.0%')
                ,If(Num(if(Only({1}[Month Year])<=vMonth, sum({<[Month Year],Ledger_Type={'Actual'}>}-Amount), sum({<[Month Year],Ledger_Type={'Plan'}>}-Amount)), '#,##0;(#,##0)')
                 , Num(if(Only({1}[Month Year])<=vMonth, sum({<[Month Year],Ledger_Type={'Actual'}>}Amount), sum({<[Month Year],Ledger_Type={'Plan'}>}Amount)), '#,##0;(#,##0)')
                )
              )
                     )

Other notes: the PLSign is to switch sign since the data base shows revenue as a negative. PLLevel with a P identifies the PL Group should be a “%”. 

Labels (8)
1 Reply
edwin
Master II
Master II

can you attach a QVW?