Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Profit and loss Statement

Hi All,

I am trying to create a P&L Statement, as explained in the How to Create a Profit and Loss Statement in How to Create a Profit and Loss Statement in QlikView.

here the calculation is depending on ([Reporting Code]), can any one help me on it, how it is useful in the calculation,

how the amounts are summing up. if I don't have this field in my P&L Account Master table how can I get the Profit and loss Statement.

Regards

John

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

The ReportingCode is telling QV which Account to consider in which line of the P&L chart. It's defined in the AccountMaster.xls.

I believe you need to build a table like this yourself, this is part of definition that will tell QV the aggregation logic (together with the ExecProfitLoss.xls). The magic is within step 4 of the script chapter of the referenced How to Word document (the INTERVALMATCH LOAD prefix´that will link the ReportingCode to the P&L lines).

Not applicable
Author

Hi Swuehl, here I have one more question i.e  if in the profit and loss statement I have calculation with multiplication of Exec P&L Heading and also Divisions between the Exec P&L Heading in that case how to get the PNL Table.

example:
Asdf=  Gross Sales Value * Sales PromotionsValue
Drfgs= Gross Sales / Sales Promotions Value

jmc

Regards

John