Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rathnam_qv
Creator
Creator

Publishing 3 Apps into Qlikview Server

Hi All,

I want publish 3 apps in server. One Src document and 2 user documents. I have given the external action in button to open qlikview document and the path of the application which is in server.

But when I publish it in access point, the 2 sub application does not open in access point. What should be the path in the button so that it works locally and also on server?

Can anyone give me suggestions on this?

Thanks,

Muni.

6 Replies
atoz1158
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Muni

I have found that for it working in both the desktop client and the access point the document name with path should be set up like so

='path\silly document.qvw'

Regards

Adrian

rathnam_qv
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your reply.

I have 2 server drives. That is creating the Problem. The original application is in F drive for example. And when it gets published it's in E drive.

Thanks,

Muni.

atoz1158
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Muni

I have used the ClientPlatform function to see if the document is being used via the Access Point in a browser or in a Desktop Client (this returns an empty string)

Text from Help for function

ClosedClientPlatform

This function returns the user agent string of the client browser. It can be used in both the load script and in a chart expression.

Example:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/35.0.1916.114 Safari/537.36

ClientPlatform( )

Regards

Adrian

rathnam_qv
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Adrian,

This will give us which browser we are using...but how to know which driver it is using?

Thanks,

Muni.

atoz1158
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Muni

You could also use the system function ComputerName() to find out which machine it is running on in an if statement to set the correct path string for the document.

Regards

Adrian

atoz1158
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Muni

If this has solved your issue please mark it as a correct answer

Regards

Adrian