Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wale_martins
Contributor III
Contributor III

QLIKVIEW LOOPS PROBLEM

Hi all,

Could someone solve my problem with that loop (cod_producto)?

Thank you in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wale_martins
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear All,

I've finally solved my problem, creating a linktable. I don't know if it's the best solution, but know I'm able to get product prices and also product discounts.

LinkTable:

Load

Cod_Producto,

Grupo_Precio_Venta

resident BD_PRECIO;

Concatenate(LinkTable)

Load

Cod_Producto,

Grupo_Descuento

resident BD_DESCUENTO;

Regards

Wale

View solution in original post

5 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

In the load script for BD_PRECIO,

Cod_Producto as BP_Cos_Producto   (or any other name that doesn't match another field)

wale_martins
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your quick response. I had already done that.... the problem is that when I try to filter a cliente from BD_Cliente I can't get the correct precio from BD_Precio (I get all precio results)

Any other solution?

Thank you very much m w

Digvijay_Singh

Somehow you need to break the loop and the exact location where we should break the loop is normally indicated from business meaning of the fields.

If Cod_Producto in BD_PRECIO is not the right field to rename then what if we rename Grupo_Descuento... in BD_DESCUENTO to break the loop?

You may want to build star schema model by concatenating or joining tables to simplify your data.

wale_martins
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you very much Digvijay Singh

The problem is that I can't either break the loop in BD_DESCUENTO. I need both tables to be related with cod_producto.

Table DESCUENTO brings me all the discounts that each "cod_producto" have and table PRECIO brings me all the prices that each "cod_product" also have...

I have to change the script... but I don't know how...

Regards

Wale

wale_martins
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear All,

I've finally solved my problem, creating a linktable. I don't know if it's the best solution, but know I'm able to get product prices and also product discounts.

LinkTable:

Load

Cod_Producto,

Grupo_Precio_Venta

resident BD_PRECIO;

Concatenate(LinkTable)

Load

Cod_Producto,

Grupo_Descuento

resident BD_DESCUENTO;

Regards

Wale