Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QLikView free personal Edition -> is this usable in companies ?

is the free QLikView personal edition usable in companies for commercial reasons ?

or is it only allowed as single user test installation ?

thanks in advance.

Nachricht geändert durch Tobias Rueger

6 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

Do not find a restriction in

http://www.qlik.com/us/products/qlikview/personal-edition

however, you will not be able to share your application with others, neither be able to open applications created by others. Hence there is only limited value in a business-environment, I guess.

Peter

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Tobias,

in the case of QlikView is a bit difficult if you use the personal edition (then as said above you will be not able to share with other colleagues your apps.)

But you can use Qlik Sense (your own created apps you can share with other collegues), but in the case of Qlik Sense Server you should buy a Qlik Sense Server to publish your apps to EndCustomer.

i hope this information is useful for you and your business environment

Beck

Not applicable
Author

for me the only question is, if it is legal to use free personal edition in company context,

i know that sharing etc is difficult,

but just the question if the licence conditions are ok and it is 100 % LEGAL TO USE FREE PERSONAL EDITION on some company pcs for commercial reasons

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

AFAIK, there are no restrictions on where you might use Personal Edition.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Yes you can use for your environment. I am sure you don't require License at all for own business.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In addition to what Peter already mentioned, you run an incredible risk when creating business or commercial apps in QlikView PE and expecting them to be available as a source of income forever. If you search the community, you will find a wide range of complaints and surprises about PE suddenly blocking access to business-critical documents, Keep in mind that QlikView PE is intended as an evaluation/education product and not as something to build a business empire on. Even Qlik isn't doing that

Finally, QlikView PE is unsupported by its manufacturer. Aside from this community, you're on your own.