Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VishalSingh18
Contributor III
Contributor III

QMC ,Test Server ,Scheduling Reload

Hello All,

I am new to Qlikview and I have deployed an app in test server and tried to schedule Auto-Reload after every 1hr

but it is not reloading in task tab it shows that it is running but in some times it shows failed, i tried refreshing through document properties by adding action through macros not working, tried Reload Now option in document reload, but it doesn't work,it is a test server

Please help me how to cope with this 

Regards

Vishal Singh

Labels (4)
3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, in Configuration -> Document properties -> General tab, you can check the option to 'Generate log file'. 

This creates a text file with step by step details while the document is reloading. This file will be created in the same folder and with the same name as the qvs (but with .log extension).

Maybe this log gives you the reason why the reload is failing.

VishalSingh18
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

a test env ,source document is missing, and while setting source document i came to know distribution services is also missing in System >system tree so i believe publishing licence is missing 

Is it correct? the reason why reload was not possible? 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

If there is no Publisher license, that means you have Reload Engine, but you need to be sure the Distribution Service was installed on the QlikView Server machine in that case, as without that service, you will not be able to run any reloads.  Here is a link to the Reload Engine Help:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_Documents_UserDocum...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_System_Setup_QlikVi...

That should let you confirm things.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.